At Cheval Blanc Randheli, we hire creative thinkers who are committed to genuine hospitality, and with passion for luxury services. We look for the pursuit of excellence while staying true to our brand standards. We invite candidates with these qualities to join our growing team of Ambassadeurs.
We are looking for a Teppanyaki Chef who will be reporting to and collaborating with the Director of Culinary and the Executive Chef. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging, entertaining, interacting and providing a unique dining experience to our guests. Further responsibilities includes:
- Greets and welcomes guests.
- Performs a cooking show for assigned tables ensuring his/her interaction with guests is appropriate and non-offensive.
- Responds promptly and courteously to guest requests.
- Asks guests for cooking preference, as applicable, and follows guest instructions.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking using a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned by the Chef de Cuisine.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates foods properly and in accordance with public health safety, state and local laws. Understands and follows FIFO method for food handling.
- Uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food for the dining room.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance and uses a courteous manner with all guests.
- Immediately notifies Chef on duty when guests are not satisfied with their experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Diploma or equivalent education in Culinary arts.
- At least 2 years experience as a Teppanyaki Chef in a luxury hotel/resort.
- Good knowledge of the overall organization of a professional kitchen.
- Good knowledge of the HACCP process.
- Know and master the application of the standards of safety regarding a professional kitchen.
- Good knowledge of the culinary process and technique.
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills within the team and other departments.
- Fluent in English, additional spoken languages are preferred.
- Able to adjust in to island lifestyle.
A generous financial package with access to a wide variety of benefits and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, you will be given the opportunity to grow within Cheval Blanc family if you successfully accomplish your mission.